LAST UPDATED 06 JUNE 2022
1. Information We Obtain
We obtain personal information about you in various ways, such as when you use our Services, communicate with us, or interact with our support representatives. In addition, we may obtain information about you when you send or receive payments to or from Zed.
The types of personal information we may obtain about you include:
● Identifiers such as name, date of birth, residential and email address, and phone number;
● Government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, photograph, proof of address documentation (such as a utility bill), and proof of identity documentation (such as a marriage document);● Login credentials for your Zed account;
● Financial information, including your account number from linked non-Zed external accounts (such as transaction information and balances, payroll account information, etc.), Zed account transaction history, and payment card information;
● Information included on a tax return you may provide, including your Tax Identification Number (“TIN”);
● Credit score and other credit history data from a credit reporting agency;
● Employment information (such as occupation, information about your employer, and income details)
● Education information (such as your highest level of education and area of study);
● Physical characteristics, demographic information, and similar details (such as sex, gender, race, color, marital or family status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, signature, language preference and national origin) present in documents (e.g., IDs, tax returns) you provide;
● Commercial information, including interest in a product or service, purchasing or consuming tendencies, and receipts or records of purchase or enrollment in products or services;● Voice recordings (such as when you call Zed’s customer support);
● Biometric information (such as a facial image or video collected for identity verification);
● Social media handles;
● Information you provide through customer support interactions including information about your experience with Zed via questionnaires, surveys, participation in user research, or other feedback;
● Geolocation data;
● Information provided by marketers and other websites on which Zed advertises;
● Information you provide through opting into contacts integration, including a list of contacts from your phone’s operating system; and
● Other information you choose to provide, such as through emails or other communications, referrals, on social media pages, or in registrations and sign-up forms.
When you visit our Site, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.When you use our App, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as through device logs, server logs, and other technologies. The information we collect in this manner may include the device type used, the mobile operating system, device identifiers and similar unique identifiers, device settings and configurations, IP addresses, battery and signal strength, usage statistics, referring emails and web addresses, dates and times of usage, actions taken on the App, and other information regarding use of the App. In addition, as indicated above, we may collect your device’s geolocation information. Your device’s operating platform may provide you with a notification when the App attempts to collect your precise geolocation. Please note that if you decline to allow the App to collect your precise geolocation, you may not be able to use all of the App’s features or the offers available through the App.We may use these automated technologies on our Services to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Services, including our online forms, tools, or content; (3) tailor the Services around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Services and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly.Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Services. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
2. How we use the information
We may use the personal information we obtain for purposes such as the following:
● Provide the Services;
● Process and fulfill transactions;
● Establish and manage Zed accounts;
● Personalize your experience on our Services;
● Facilitate transfers between your external bank accounts and Zed accounts;
● Verify your identity, including to facilitate a name change request;
● Respond to inquiries, provide customer support and resolve disputes;
● Determine your eligibility for, and administer your participation in, certain features of the Services, including surveys, contests, sweepstakes, promotions and rewards;
● Facilitate and manage referrals from our business partners;
● Advertise and market our products and services, and send information about third-party products and services we think may interest you;
● Provide you targeted offers and notify you of nearby third-party locations where you may use our products and services;
● Provide member support and quality assurance, and conduct customer service training;
● Collect fees and other amounts owed in connection with your Zed account;
● Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including researching and developing new products and services; enhancing, improving, debugging and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; establishing and managing our business relationships; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
● Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products and services and prevent misuse;
● Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities;
● Exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims; and
● Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory requirements, relevant industry standards, and Zed policies.
If you do not wish your personal information to undergo the foregoing processes, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
a. Third Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics on our Services. For example, we use Google Analytics to better understand how you interact with our Site. We also use Google Maps to better understand how our Services are used. The information we obtain through our Services may be disclosed to or collected directly by these third parties. To learn more about Google Analytics and Google Maps, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
b. Interest-Based Advertising
The Services are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
3. Information We Share
We may share the information we obtain about you with: our affiliates and subsidiaries; our Bank Partners; other Zed users (in connection with referrals for example); other companies in connection with co-branded products, services or programs; joint marketing partners; credit bureaus; and consumer reporting agencies. We have also engaged third-party vendors and other entities to perform services on our behalf, such as identity verification and name screening services, payment processors, risk detection and mitigation tools, and modeling and analytics tools. In this regard, we will provide them access to your information for appropriate processing. Please refer to this link for the List of Third Parties.
Any third-party entity to whom we disclose your personal information is contractually required to comply with confidentiality standards and establish adequate safeguards for data privacy and protection, and undertake to respect your right to privacy and comply with applicable laws. We also require that these third-party entities use information shared with them only for authorized purposes and follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information.
We may also disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity, or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation), subject to compliance with applicable laws on data privacy and protection.
Finally, we may disclose anonymized, non-personal information about the Service and our users without restriction.
If you do not wish for any of your personal information to be shared, please contact us immediately.
4. How We Protect Personal Information
We take the protection of personal information very seriously. We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or use.
We will store your personal information for as long as it is necessary and allowed under applicable law to provide the Services and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. When it is no longer necessary to retain personal information, it is deleted accordingly. Please note that if you delete your Zed account, we may still retain your personal information pursuant to applicable laws. Should you wish to delete any specific personal information stored in our records, subject to compliance with applicable laws, you may send a request by emailing us at email@example.com.
5. Your Rights & Choices
You may access the information we collect by logging into your Zed account or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any personal information that you provide to us is accurate. You may be able to update certain personal information that we have about you by logging into your Zed account or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that we reserve the right to reject any changes you make to your personal information and to reject any requests to change your personal information submitted through inappropriate channels. We shall assist you with your concerns regarding the processing of your personal information. You may also exercise your right to lodge a complaint with the National Privacy Commission for the protection of your rights.
6. Links to Third Party Services and Features
For your convenience and information, our Services may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by Zed, we are not responsible for these third-parties’ information practices. We make no guarantees about, and assume no responsibility for the information, services, or data privacy practices of said third parties.